And when I say “digital reproductions”, I mean the image below. Basically photographs I took, page by painstaking page, of books and papers from my last research trip to the archives. Things I wasn’t directly interested in studying at the time but that I thought I might want to have a look at later. And this doesn’t even include the stuff I had professionally copied for me which all now lives in a very overstuffed filing cabinet. Basically I definitely need this larger workspace!
- In honour of Thanksgiving, have you ever read Awkward Family Photos' "Marney Letter"? I highly recommend you check it out. And this year they've posted a video interview with her in which she explains her "beef with tinfoil."
- So apparently there are a fair number of bags of vomit littering the moon.
- This lady was awesome. Who doesn’t love a Spanish grandee? And she had some Stuart blood (“pretenders” to the British throne dating from the 1688 Glorious Revolution). That makes me love her all the more.
- The headline to this story really makes me giggle. And the story itself is pretty good.
- Ah, the seedy word of academic publishing. I get emails asking me to “publish” with various journals pretty frequently and so I really love this.
- Disney characters who are terrible, terrible beings. Some of these are pretty humourous.
- This is a really delightful (and funny) piece about one woman’s letters to celebrities…and those who responded.