Friday, May 8, 2015

All the Frills: End Table Addict

I’ve got a bit of a thing for accent tables. I have a few tucked into little random spaces around the house that I use as places to display pictures, little knick knacks, etc. These are two of them. One features this awesome candle holder I picked up and serves as a place to store the DVDs of lectures about the Peloponnesian War that I’ve been working my through. I taught a course in Classical Greek history at Yale and have always found the War a fascinating topic so I figured I’d learn even more about it.


The second table features some of my favourite framed photos. One is of me and a bunch of friends from Yale from when our trivia team won a competition and got a ton of cash and a $500 gift certificate to a fancy restaurant in New Haven. The other is of myself and my helpmeet with one of my best friends when we last visited her in NYC. And above these are some gorgeous ink drawings of cathedrals made by my exceptionally talented uncle.


Weekend Reading: 


6 comments:

Closet Fashionista said...

I love end tables too! They come in so handy! I have a thing for dressers, haha...I gravitate toward them in home goods and marshalls....
http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

Veronika, By The Shore said...

Love your end table, it's the Hemnes from Ikea right?! We just bought the TV stand from the same line and love it. White, white, all the time!! Happiest weekend-ing to you & yours!! xo

Unknown said...

I love accent tables myself, I have one but I have a ton of knick knacks, I can't help myself. I adore your pictures and the candle holder. That must have been fun winning that trivia night!

Codpieces for the win. Museum tour sounds amazing. I wish my back would stop flaring up, I am due for a tour around the DC museums.

<3Rachel

Cee said...

I love the way every part of your house seems to reflect you and your passions so accurately. And I love that white end table - I've had my eye on a similar one for a while, I just need a corner to tuck it into!
xox,
Cee

Closet Fashionista said...

Yes! You definitely have to go there! :D (gotta buy tickets beforehand, but it's worth it)
http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

awhite said...

Accent tables are a great way to fill + personalize a small space. Love that candle holder- too cool. :)

-Ashley
Le Stylo Rouge