The second table features some of my favourite framed photos. One is of me and a bunch of friends from Yale from when our trivia team won a competition and got a ton of cash and a $500 gift certificate to a fancy restaurant in New Haven. The other is of myself and my helpmeet with one of my best friends when we last visited her in NYC. And above these are some gorgeous ink drawings of cathedrals made by my exceptionally talented uncle.
- I find codpieces fascinating. One of my life goals is to buy a bunch of jock straps and bedazzle the heck out them and try to sell them for big, big money. But until I get around to that I’ll occupy myself with this super interesting history of the codpiece.
- This sketch from Smart Girls at the Party is just too good.
- Finally, a mock battle I can get behind!
- Well, I can’t say this revelation about what has happened to the girls kidnapped by Boko Haram is particularly surprising but it is horrifying.
- Can I just leave today for a world tour of these museums? Two of my all time favourites are here (the V and A and the Frick – which I visit every single time I’m in NYC).
- There are some historic things happening with Alberta politics right now. Most of you probably don’t care but it’s been hugely exciting here.