Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Navy is the New Black

This is sort of a weird outfit for me in that it doesn’t involve a lot of black. I mean, some black and a fair amount of navy but still, I’ve been mostly wearing black almost daily for the past few weeks (something about the final waning of winter and the true onset of spring makes me want to reach for darker and somber colours, I guess) so this is pushing things outside of my most recently defined comfort zone. It also constitutes my most recent attempt to get more wear out of this lacy cardigan that my eye is always drawn to when I open my closet but that I never seem to wear all that frequently.

Yeah, I’ve got a lot of things going on with this.

dress: Simons / necklace: c/o OASAP / cardigan: thrifted, Value Village / boots: Dr Martens / tights: Winners

12 comments:

Hoda Katebi said...

Aw you're so beautiful! I'm actually stuck in a rut of dark colors, as well! I'm trying really hard to lighten up for spring ahah--it looks like you've done a great job here! xx

<(') Hoda || JooJoo Azad ~ Free Bird

204 Park said...

Love that dress! And that necklace adds a great "pop"! XO

Cee said...

This is quite a colourful outfit for you - but I can totally see what you'd want to pair that blue necklace with more blue, the combination is gorgeous.
xox,
Cee

Annie L said...

Love the artwork behind you, and you look so fabulous in blue! Love the sig black but this really pops on you.
xo Annie
New England Romance

LyddieGal said...

I have a lot of pieces that sound like your lace cardigan; love them on the hanger, but never seem to actually put them on.

I think navy can be the new black, I adore navy and it's a nice switch for the warmer(isn) spring time.

Closet Fashionista said...

Hehe yep, this is definitely a bright outfit for you ;)
I have a lot of pieces like that too, some I love on the hanger but when I put them on I feel gross, ha ha
http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

Elle Sees said...

love that necklace, and that shade of blue is my fave color on you!

FASHION TALES said...

Yes, I agree navy or even cobalt can be a great alternative or pairing with black. You always look so put together. Loving those boots!
Enter My Travel/Food Giveaway!

Veronika Novotny said...

I LOVE how you styled that dress and that lacey cardigan is absolutely gorgeous too!! xoxo

Marie a la Mode said...

Cute cardigan, love the lace!

Unknown said...

i love the cardigan and your outfit looks lovely!

Delightful Ideas
MOZO Shoes Giveaway

welldressedmaker said...

I reassessed my closet a couple weeks back and concluded I have way too many blue and blacks... but I can't help it! They're lovely colors TOGETHER! I really am digging your boots!