Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Elation

So I got some amazing news recently – the most recent academic press I sent my book proposal too asked for a copy of the complete manuscript (this was back in July) and send it out to peer reviewers. The editor emailed me shortly before Christmas to say that the readers’ reports were all favourable and recommended publication!!!! Fast forward a month and I just signed an advance contract! Now it’s a ways away from actually being published and a lot of things could derail it (ie, the editorial board or the manuscript review committee could vote not to publish, regardless of the favourable reports, they could not like the revisions that I do (the readers recommended that some things get changed), etc, etc) but I’m thrilled that the readers actually appreciated my work and think it should be out there in the world!

Now I have to really buckle down and work on revisions, which I've committed to finishing by mid-April.

Anyways, this is what I was wearing when I got the news…


leggings: ASOS / boots: ASOS / jacket: H&M / purse: New Look / shirt: Dynamite / necklace: Jenners

6 comments:

welldressedmaker said...

that is super amazing news-- CONGRATULATIONS! and I cannot wait to buy your book ;) What an awesposs outfit to be wearing when hearing that kind of news, too! THAT NECKLACE!

Closet Fashionista said...

Woohooo!!! So exciting!!!! Congratulations!!!
(Love the color of that bag!)
http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

Cee said...

Congratulations! This is such exciting news, especially to another writer - seeing someone actually be able to move forwards towards publication in this miserable market is a wonderful, encouraging thing. I'm thrilled for you!
xox,
Cee

awhite said...

Congrats, lady! So exciting! You deserve it, no doubt. :) PS love the boots!

-Ashley
Le Stylo Rouge

LyddieGal said...

That is so exciting! I hope it all goes through and you get published!
Loving the necklace - glam and spikes - so you.
http://www.iamchiconthecheap.com/

Oh to Be a Muse said...

First, your necklace and bag are lovely. But honestly, I'm very happy for you! Many congrats on moving forward with getting your book published. Hoping for the best!

www.ohtobeamuse.com