Monday, September 26, 2016

All My Dreams Just Came True!!!

I am soooo excited that it’s fall and I can start busting out all my favourite seasonal fashions. Which now include this jacket I recently picked – and by “picked up” I mean that my amazing mother treated me to it after an afternoon of shopping! Thanks mom!

In other HUGE news, I got word a few days ago from the academic press that I submitted my monograph and the editor informed me that it was recommended for publication with no further revisions!!!!!!!!

I am beyond excited (seriously, I screamed when I saw the email and my hands started to shake). I started this project in 2008 as my doctoral dissertation. I graduated with my PhD in 2012 and have spent the last four years heavily rewriting it to turn it into a monograph. This involved doing a ton of additional research, rewriting all ~350 pages several times, and dealing with multiple readers' reports that sometimes offered criticism that was harsh and hard to read, but which always led to more rewriting. I've presented the ideas in this book at some 15 conferences all over Canada, the US, and the UK. I've published one of the chapters as an article. I have laboured over this project (and because I have a full time job, I have largely done all this in the evenings and on the weekends - and believe me, 4 years of not really having a work free weekend takes a toll) and I am just beyond thrilled that all that work has paid off!


pants: RW and Co / shoes: Aldo / sunglasses: Aldo / jacket: Joseph Ribkoff

7 comments:

Closet Fashionista said...

Love that jacket!! And woohooooo!!! So exciting that something you've been working on for so long is that much closer to being published!!!
http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

awhite said...

CONGRATS, lady! That is amazing (and much deserved) news! Happy for you!

-Ashley
Le Stylo Rouge

Cee said...

Congratulations! The words no further revisions are seriously huge - good for you! I can't wait to read your book :)
xox,
Cee

Lorena said...

Oh wow !!! congratulations :)
Sometimes we think it will never end.. to a point that you get "use to it" because you have been doing it for so long. I am glad it paid off and now that you are done with it, you might even miss it ;)

LyddieGal said...

That is big news!! Huge congrats! Enjoy your new found free time!
And that jacket is fabulous - Moms are the best.
Chic on the Cheap

MONICA SORS said...

Like the style ;)
xx
Mónica Sors
MES VOYAGES À PARIS
NEW POST: NEW YORK TRAVEL OUTFITS & DIARY!
NEW POST: BOOK FLIGHTS TO YOUR DREAM DESTINATION NOW WITH KLM DREAM DEALS!!!

Nnenna said...

Congratulations on your monograph! That is amazing news and I'm sure it feels very satisfying too! Also, I'm loving this coat, particularly the gray at the cuffs.