Thursday, November 5, 2020

I Guess Winter Is Here?

So, it’s basically winter here now. Cue my high anxiety fears of winter driving, which I still have to do twice daily when I take Eleanor to and from her day home. If it’s already snowing and cold at this point in the year then I imagine we’ll be in for a very long and very cold winter. I guess it’s a good thing that I enjoy winter (driving aside). 

In other news, I (like many others, I imagine) am a giant stress ball as I watch things unfold in the US. Even aside from what will happen over the next few days and weeks, I admit to being completely disheartened by the sheer numbers of votes that Trump actually secured. I think it speaks not only to the deep divisions present in the social landscape but to the prevalence of darker things, like misogyny, racism, homophobia, xenophobia, and just all around bigotry. And that is such a sad thing to have to acknowledge, especially because it seems to be present on such a depressing large scale.

 
leggings: ASOS / shirt: Old Navy / boots: Aldo / cardigan: Dynamite 


Feature: This brand looks amazing and I really want some of their face masks.

7 comments:

Closet Fashionista said...

Yea, I did not anticipate that many people still voting for Trump. I knew it would be close but not THIS close. So sad to see.
We actually had super nice weather today so we had lunch outside. I'm sure the cold will be back soon
http://www.closet-fashionista.com

Mica said...

I really like the burgundy with the black and here too we have been a bit surprised the election was so close. It is something I don't really understand about America but I know I can't really talk as we have problems here in Australia too. I guess a lot of places do sadly :(

Hope that you have had a nice weekend :)

Away From The Blue

Cee said...

We've been so lucky that winter hasn't truly settled in here yet. I'm holding out hope it stays away as long as possible. There has been enough bad news already this month, including how close the US election was - while I can't say I was surprised, I was still dismayed, and I don't need snow on top of that :P
xox,
Cee

awhite said...

Oh man, I hate winter driving, too. And I'm sure this year I'll be even more anxious whenever I have to do it, since I haven't been driving regularly at ALL since March.

Loving this cozy + chic look- and that necklace is perfect with it!

-Ashley
Le Stylo Rouge

Lackadaisy said...

I'm generally not a big fan of winter either, I'm so glad we still have a nice warm autumn over here <3

LackaDaisy

Diana said...

Nice post!
Such an inspiration, i love how you style them :)

Love,
Diana- Bridesmaid Dresses Color Trends

Lydia said...

Sorry about the early winter, it's fine to enjoy a good snowy day, it's brutal to have to deal with it non-stop for months. Hopefully you allow yourself plenty of snow days this winter.