Thursday, August 5, 2010

The Packing Tips Digest, Issue 3

I find the humidity in New York to sometimes be really horrifically awful so when I travel there in the summer I like to bring several dresses which are a tad on the shorter side so that I can also pair them with skinny jeans or leggings so that a dress can double as a top and I then have to pack less tops and still have the option of wearing a dress if the heat is really bothering me on a particular day. A pair of rolled up jeans and a t-shirt are also mainstays.







Alternately, I think the fall and early winter weather there is fairly mild and, since I spend almost as much time inside at museums and galleries as I do walking the streets, I like to opt for a lighter weight jacket that folds up easily in my suitcase and is easy to carry around over my arm when I’m indoors. I’ll pair it with heavier pants and shoes and a warmer blouse and that way I stay warm while outside without having to pack around a bulky jacket.







And this last one has nothing much to do with my packing choices but I’m excited that my husband is here in London with me so I wanted to include one of the few photos of us where we actually both look awake and not on drugs, and (happy coincidence) it was taken in NYC.

7 comments:

Effi said...

nice looks(: really cool blog!

I'll follow your blog if you'll follow mine:
http://efashionfactor.blogspot.com/

Mon Cheri said...

great looks
I really like them all

MON CHERI !

Unknown said...

Great pic of you and your husband! So happy he's with you now! XO!

stylenuggets said...

Great pix and tips on packing. I like th one about dresses as tops. Very true

Style, She Wrote said...

Love the tunic in the first shot!!

Lisa said...

I really love the 2nd dress with the leggings, gorgeous!

Joyti said...

Thats a smart idea (the packing for NYC)...adore your black coat and the second outfit most of all.