Remember what I said about it being time to bust out the maxi dresses and skirts? Yeah, I was not messing around.
This skirt is a relatively new addition to my closet. At first I was a bit apprehensive about the print. But I’m kind of into it now. I keep thinking of myself as a person who's not super into prints (don't ask me why I've constituted myself thusly, I just have) but I think I need to revisit that because I'm starting to acquire more and more printed items and to enjoy wearing them.
Tuesday, June 30, 2015
Friday, June 26, 2015
I wanted to give you all a break from my endless stream of house photos this week, so I’m showcasing this sparkly little number I recently acquired. I’m a sucker for things that shine.
- I want the Yankee Candle called Man Town. I'm pretty sure it smells awful.
- This is scary to me.
- This cat’s got it all figured out.
- Okay, so this is pretty bad, but I have to confess that, on a really bad day, I might be tempted to mutter things to a sedated patient too. Don't hate me.
- This story about the remains of a baby buried with a seventeenth-century bishop is so neat – history is awesome you guys!
Wednesday, June 24, 2015
Well, much to my dislike, summer is now fully upon us. So time to bust out the maxi dresses and skirts, I suppose.
dress: Urban Outfitters / sandals: Aldo / purse: Michael Kors / jacket: H&M / necklace: Aldo / sunglasses: Aldo
Tuesday, June 23, 2015
I was pretty pleased with this work outfit. I love the faux leather strip on these pants and the bow on the blouse is just too cute. Also, this blazer was one of my most amazing thrifting finds. I stumbled across this Calvin Klein blazer in Value Village about 9 years ago and it's been a closet staple ever since. Now, if you’ll excuse me, I have an important meeting to go to…
pants: H&M / blouse: ModCloth / shoes: ASOS / purse: Michael Kors / blazer: Calvin Klein via Value Village
Friday, June 19, 2015
Following up on last week’s All the Frills, here’s our redone upstairs.
- How come I just look weird and frumpy when I try to pair pants with a dress?
- This situation, in terms of the treatment, of women is horrific.
- So they’re putting a woman on the US $10 bill. Remember the horrific harassment campaign that happened in the UK in connection with a similar initiative?
- I suppose I never really thought about this before but the way that menstruation is treated in prison sounds awful.
- Let’s daydream about being able to afford one of these houses.
- So I had no idea what orthorexia was before I read this. And it sounds terrible.
Tuesday, June 16, 2015
These pants are a personal favourite of mine – they’re just so loud and obnoxious, I can’t help but feel a little happy when I wear them. Especially when I’m spending the rest of the day studiously and painstakingly checking all my footnote references in the article I’m working on for accuracy. Which is a not very fun way to spend the day. Especially when you realize that a few of them are wrong and then have to spend a couple of hours tracking down the correct references.
pants: Mustard Seed / shirt: Simons / jacket: Winners / necklace: Aldo / shoes: gifted / purse: Michael Kors
Saturday, June 13, 2015
Over the last month or so we’ve been doing a lot of things with our house. The most major have been new floors throughout and a paint job. So for the next few weeks, I’ll be sharing photos of our redone space! This week, the main floor.
- I recently took up colouring as a form of stress relief with my very own Disney princess colouring book. Now I think I’m ready to graduate to something a little more grown-up, like these gorgeous Posh colouring books.
- Who’s excited for the return of The X-Files?
- I’m currently reading an absolutely amazing book that I want to put out there, into the interwebs. It’s called The Doll Maker, by Richard Montanari … and it is amazing!
- The headline to this is one of the funnier things I’ve read all week.
- I’m not sure what to make of this. Honestly. I just … I need to think it over a bit more.
Wednesday, June 10, 2015
I seriously don’t wear these eggplant coloured pants as often as I should. I keep forgetting how cute they are, not to mention comfortable. I need to start leaving notes to my scatterbrained self to remind me of these things.
pants: RW and Co / shirt: H&M / shoes: Aldo / necklace: Simons
Tuesday, June 9, 2015
I’m not going to lie, wearing a bold colour like this red dress made me feel a titch awkward and uncomfortable. But it’s important to push yourself out of your comfort zone periodically…and I added enough of my beloved black to make me feel a bit more at home in it.
dress: ASOS / blazer: BB Dakota / boots: ASOS / necklace: Target
Saturday, June 6, 2015
It’s terribly unexciting, I know, but today I’m sharing some photos of my workspace at my office – more specifically, the little corner of it that I’ve tried to make my own with a few photos and other assorted items. I feel it’s important to have that little space that’s just my own, given how much time we all spend away from home at our jobs. Have any of you done something similar with your work spaces?
Yes, I did frame the packaging from some screen cleaner. Because it is hilarious and makes me laugh every time I see it. Look how excited he is!
Can you tell I like to learn about queens and other elite women?
- Camping out in a seventeenth-century church? Yes please!
- This is a great piece about the history of the slave trade and the Golden Triangle, and the artefacts it has left behind.
- This piece on the history of the tampon is pretty interesting.
- This dress is insane. Who wants to buy me this dress? I promise to wear it everyday. It’s work appropriate, right?
- I’ll take this one too, while we’re at it.