- Who wants to go on vacation to a super creepy motel?
- This interview, with a dude who might have the world’s greatest tattoo, is basically the greatest thing to happen to me all month.
- So the Oxford English Dictionary has discovered that the phrase “white lie” is actually about 200 years older than previously thought. What’s really cool, for me, about this is that the way in which this was discovered was through the usage of “whyte lye” in a letter from 1567 held in the Folger Shakespeare Library. And several years ago, I made a transcription of that letter when I was a researcher at the Folger, and it is featured in my book, including the phrase “whyte lye” – if only I’d thought at the time to pull up the OED and see when they dated “white lie” to…
- Guys, the Real Housewives of New York is back. This is basically like my Christmas.
- Normally I would consider that whole Kendall Jenner, Pepsi ad thing to be too stupid and transitory to weigh in on, but a whole lot of good stuff was floating around the internet on that one, and this one as pretty good.
- I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: the world needs heroes. This grammar warrior is a good place to start.