Monday, September 9, 2013

I'm a Part-Time Party Machine

This is what I recently wore to my friend’s wedding – I had bought a dress specifically for the occasion but at the last minute decided that this black maxi skirt and blouse from OASAP was simply more me.

Plus it’s got two lengthy openings in it which means that when I hit the dance floor (as I invariably do after a few cocktails) and start twirling the fabric flies and twirls with me. That’s right, it’s the perfect accessory for making a spectacle out of yourself. Maybe I shouldn’t be invited to any more weddings…

skirt: Zara / shirt: OASAP / shoes: Target / clutch: I honestly can’t recall where I got this but I ordered it online and it’s monogrammed with my initials

12 comments:

lambda_beta said...

...because sometimes you party, and other times you have to work!

Courtney Erin said...

Exactly! Now I need to come with the fashion blog translation of Mohawk, Mo' Problems!

Annie L said...

Love this outfit, that skirt is perfect. And twirling is a must!
xo Annie
New England Romance

LyddieGal said...

The jeweled top really adds to the look, and while I don't know what dress you got, this look is definitely very you. And I'm sure you were a fun addition to the wedding and they should be happy to have you!
Chic on the Cheap

Nicole Aguinaldo said...

Love this look! And you have cool hair too ;)

http://nicole-aguinaldo.blogspot.com/2013/09/black-gold.html

Closet Fashionista said...

Yayy, you look lovely ! Gotta love twirly skirts, haha :)
http://www.closet-fashionista.com

Unknown said...

Skirt is gorgeous. And I know exactly what do you mean about making a spectacle of yourself at the weddings. :)

www.fabulous-30s.com

Elana said...

What a great look! This is such a nice departure from usual wedding attire. This blouse and skirt are lovely!

www.room-334.blogspot.com

welldressedmaker said...

Me loves that top a lot! And I am a dance floor party machine after a lotta drinks! Dancing is much more fun when you're inebriated.

Alexandra said...

Love that your clutch is monogrammed! That skirt is fabulous too, such a dramatic length!

Alex xo

tovogueorbust.com

Unknown said...

Beautiful look!Your blog is lovely!!!! Would you like to follow each other on bloglovin' ? xxx
Gleaming Spire // Bloglovin'

Diana Mieczan said...

I am really smitten with your top. It's beautiful and the whole outfit looks great on you:) xoxo