Monday, April 14, 2014

Italian Masterworks

I wore this a few Saturdays ago to go to the Alberta Art Gallery to view an exhibit of Italian Renaissance and Baroque pieces on loan from a Glasgow collection. It was amazing and made me really happy that my local gallery is able to mount such beautiful exhibitions but also a bit nostalgic for the museums of NYC and London which I really feel I should have tried to see one last time before I stopped living in those places (or close to them). That said, I have visited the Met about thirty times so maybe I’m just a museum junkie?

blouse: ModCloth / dress: Zara / coat: ASOS / boots: Steve Madden / purse: Urban Outfitters

12 comments:

Closet Fashionista said...

Haha, yep, you're definitely a museum junkie! I've only been a handful of times all together. But I do really like them when I'm there, it's just the problem of actually traveling to the museums.
http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

Cee said...

You may be a museum junkie but you're definitely a girl after my own heart. When I lived in Paris, I went to the Louvre practically twice a week for the entire year. If only the Vancouver Art Gallery could come close to competing...
xox,
Cee

The Adventures of a Shopaholic said...

Lovely look :D

Marianna,
THE ADVENTURES OF A SHOPAHOLIC
THE ADVENTURES OF A SHOPAHOLIC ON FACEBOOK

Marie a la Mode said...

Love your coat! (Of course.) And that green is a great color on you. I really need to get to the Art Gallery, I haven't been in sooo long!

Bri said...

I never made it up to see the Italian Masters exhibit unfortunately. Sweet coat, layering is sadly still needed in all this crazy Alberta weather!

By The Shore, Life + Style said...

Oh this outfit is just awesome lovey + the shoes were a fab choice. I have a pair of studded flats that I just can't stop wearing!! SO good!! xoxo

Ana Pejkanovic said...

I visited MET only once but if I lived closer I would be just like you. :)

Great coat.

Fabulous 30s

Allie said...

You look like a rockstar!
xo,
Al
www.sparklesandstilettos.com

Jessica said...

I love spending an afternoon or evening exploring museums. That green top is very pretty. I love the color emerald.

Tracy @ Sunny Days and Starry Nights

LyddieGal said...

Maybe you are a museum junkie, but there is nothing wrong with that! I love this green blouse on you, and always happy to see that fabulous coat.
Chic on the Cheap

Laura Go said...

the perfect kind of junkie to be! I love love love museums and should really go more!

204 Park said...

That coat is amazing - and the details on those boots...so good! So glad to have found your blog! XO