Do you have any favoured pieces of jewelry that you keep returning to again and again?
- This story on homes for unwed mothers in Ireland in the nineteenth and twentieth centuries is fascinating and sad.
- Turns out Nazis are a) grammar Nazis and b) have a poor awareness of the English language.
- A video of people using a 3-D printer to recreate Henry VIII’s crown. Obviously I love this – the Tudors are my historical specialty!
- The top ten royal emeralds.
- When I read this Buzzfeed list of yearbook quotes I lost it laughing aloud on public transit. It was the cure for a long, aggravating day at work.
- Remember Jem? I was all about Jem when I was a kid. You guys, she was truly outrageous!
- Welcome to the future of fashion – or so they thought in the 1930s.
- Harvard has confirmed a book in its rare books collection is, in fact, contained within a human skin binding. That’s called anthropodermic bibliopegy (now you know).
- Sometimes fashion kills folks. Even in the Victorian age.