Today on All the Frills I’m featuring my favourite lipsticks of the moment.
This MAC lipstick is the most perfect shade of nude/pale pink that I’ve ever found.
I tried this Wet n’ Wild lipstick on a lark (hey, it was right by the check out at the grocery store) but I’ve fallen in love. The colour is radiant and once it’s on there, my lips are red for the whole day.
This Maleficent lip gloss is from the MAC Venomous Villains collections a few years back, and it’s been a longstanding favourite – I just love the vampy, witchy shade (and the packaging).
- This piece on feminism is brilliant, please read!
- I am officially obsessed with Brian Moylan’s recaps of the Real Housewives of New York City over on Vulture. When I was in grad school, as a way to decompress after all the serious intellectual work we were doing, a small group of friends and I would religiously watch all the Real Housewives of Various Places over snacks and wine. And I’ve carried the habit with me post-graduation. Moylan, who bills himself as a Real Housewives anthropologist, has been cracking me up lately with his recaps. They are just too good. Next up is for me to check out his earlier work on the subject over at Gawker.
- This display of poppies to commemorate WWI at the Tower of London is breathtaking.
- A lovely round up of vintage wedding gowns – you know, to start the weekend off in style.
- Anyone else freaked out by sharks? Fun story, I watched Jaws with my parents when I was about four and then three months later we took a family vacation to Hawaii and I refused, flat out refused, to go in the water. For the entire trip. It was the first of many vacations that I was to ruin….but I feel totally justified in my reluctance to swim in the ocean.
- Vanity Fair has released their annual “best dressed” list – who’s excited???