I love that the Yale diplomas are entirely in Latin.
- This lawsuit over a monkey selfie is just soooo weird. And funny. And sort of thought provoking on the topic of copyright law.
- This article about a guy arrested for impersonating a ghost in a cemetery had me in stitches last week. I think it was that the reporter dutifully wrote “he was saying ‘wooooh’ ” that got me.
- I agree so strongly with so much of this Buzzfeed list of signs that you are not that great at being a typical lady (well, what “society” (read: mostly some men) thinks being a lady consists of).
- The zoo of the future!
- Is anyone else sort of weirdly angered by how terrible the remake of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles looks? I know the original wasn’t exactly a cinematic masterpiece but it was campy and fun and a part of my adolescence (my friends and I still joke about that movie) and the remake just looks idiotic and not at all whimsical.
- I don’t know why I find this report of an otter attacking people so distressing, but I do.
- This is one of my favourite things to happen on the internet all week. Even more than Jezebel calling out Gawker (Jezebel’s owner) for not doing more to prevent harassment in their “comments” section, I love the level of solidarity and support that gets expressed by commentators, many of them Gawker employees.