Friday, March 20, 2015

All the Frills: Home Workout Space

A weekly constant for me is getting in at least 4 workouts. Because my work schedule can be so irregular (and because stopping my writing or research for a 30 minute workout break can be a great way to clear my head), I’ve always found it much easier to work out at home as opposed to hitting the gym. At Yale I did try to visit the actual gym at least once a week and did a few pilates and yoga classes but, in all fairness, this was the gym, and who wouldn’t want to hang out there?




In my post grad school life, I find it a lot easier to roll home from work at 5 or 6 pm and grab a quick home workout so I’m all finished up before 7 pm. With that in mind, I set up a little home workout studio for myself. It’s nothing too special but it does the trick. I’ve got my elliptical and, tucked away in the closet, a couple of yoga mats, a few different hand weights, and a small collection of workout DVDs.




What’s your workout regime?


Weekend Reading: 


8 comments:

Closet Fashionista said...

Like 3 weeks ago I tried to start working out. Did it 3 days and all was well. Then I got busy the next week and stopped, haven't done it since
http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

Cee said...

I'm with you - working out at home is way easier than going to a gym. I always get hung up on excuses when I have to leave the house. Although with that said, every once in a while I go through a phase where I think I should take up outdoor running again... It never really ends successfully.
xox,
Cee

Constance Murphy said...

I absolutely agree with you, working out at home is easy and fun! I don't have a rutine but I run whenever I can.

welldressedmaker said...

uhm I would LOVE to work out at Yale! how awesome. I really try to work out at the gym 4 times a week, but i sometimes get off really late at night, and don't really have a set up at home (just yet!)

E said...

I feel like 4x a week is really good. I horseback ride at least 3x a week and try to supplement another day with running or strength exercises at home, but it's tough. My exercise is really subject to the weather, but motivation after work is also hard.

Carly said...

I've always been drawn to running. You can do it anywhere and all you have to have is a pair of running shoes and short.
Dresses & Denim

Elle Sees said...

i wish. wish i had the desire to work out! i can't run either. i run kind of left to right, even on a treadmill. i run right off the thing. good for you for your set up!

awhite said...

You have a great little home gym space! I wish I could workout at home- alas, I'm a class girl. I need that instructor (and super loud music, ha) to push me! :)

-Ashley
Le Stylo Rouge