- The crazy things that live in the sea are a source of endless fascination for me.
- I fully realize that I am one of the new people that will find this interesting but Yale has gotten an insane $175 millions in donations in the past few weeks and one of them (some $25 million) will be used to refurbish the building that housed my department when I was there, and will involve a consequential honorific renaming of the tower connected to the building. I spent a lot of my 6 years at Yale in this space, it’s weird knowing it will soon look different and have a new name.
- I don’t know why I love this Tumblr so much, but I do. Maybe it’s because I’ve seen so many all male panels at the various historical conferences I go to?
- This history of shape wear is a really good read. And the exhibit it relates to sounds amazing.
- Elaine Benes is my spirit animal.
- These minimalist posters designed to boost vocabulary are lovely, and not just because some of my favourite words (hello “obfuscatory” and “apostasy”) are there.