This year I went as Henry VIII’s ill-fated second wife, Anne Boleyn (after she met the French swordsman who took her head).
As far as costumes go, it was one of my more elaborate as I really wanted to look period in it. I think it came out really, really well and I’m glad I splurged a bit on a historical looking dress (that was actually, even with tailoring, less than $150) from an online retailer. I think it was a good investment that I can reuse for other costumes.
Did you all have a happy Halloween?
- Well, this is a tad disconcerting. I wonder if all the info on these politicians who are members of the KKK is accurate.
- You gotta love a little old-timey misogyny.
- Wow, this story about a police officer sexually abusing women he thinks are marginalized and so won’t report him is really unnerving. As is the behaviour of his “supporters.”
- This satire on advertising to women is just brilliant.
- This might be the world’s largest painting of cats. Maybe.
- These images of Central Park are amazing.