And it’s really huge.
When I first saw it in a shop, I thought to myself, “that looks like something Marie Antoinette would own” and I stick by that. It’s the sort of thing that I’ve coveted for a while but would never, ever actually buy for myself (I mean, it’s something Marie Antoinette would buy…there’s a life lesson in there somewhere).
That makes it the perfect gift. It was made even then impossibly more perfect because my helpmeet also got me a few books I’d been asking for and set up all the presents in a scavenger hunt around our house, complete with adorable rhyming hints and everything. So, yeah, my 36th birthday was a pretty memorable one!
- Having picked through some of this documentation myself on a lark one year when I was actually meant to be researching something else, I quite enjoyed this.
- This is such a lovely approach to dealing with dementia.
- The discovery of a very well preserved dress likely belonging to an elite woman. I love this!
- The state of paid maternity leave in the US makes me incredibly sad.
- I can’t stomach another flower crown and lace crop top. And don't even get me started on high waisted cut off shorts. I just can’t with ‘festival style’ anymore.