Friday, June 24, 2016

All the Frills: Exteriors

It occurs to me that, for all the times I’ve featured images of my home, I’ve never shown the outside. Well, here it is!

I was attracted to this place because a) the tallness and narrowness sort of reminded me of the structures in my beloved Edinburgh (and it is tall, we have three floors and a basement, so four in total) and b) no yard – because I am terrible at caring for things like that. And yeah, that’s my cat in the window. He was really confused as to why I was outside taking pictures.



Weekend Reading:

Apparently the oldest written documents in British history have been discovered.

So, full warning, these cadaver photos from nineteenth century Paris are a bit unsettling – but also fascinating.

This article pretty accurately describes a lot of dudes I’ve encountered.

Yeah, historians are essential for society. Historical knowledge is to.


4 comments:

LyddieGal said...

Oh your home is lovely! I'm a big fan of taller structures, and the stone is gorgeous.
Chic on the Cheap

Closet Fashionista said...

Oooh I like! The stonework is beautiful, love the color!
http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

Lorena said...

How beautiful - sometimes I wonder what it would be like to live in a house.
I live in an apartment building from the 70's.

Cee said...

Your cat is pretty much the cutest - I know I've said it before, but I'll keep saying it. Also, three floors plus a basement is kind of amazing, particularly if there's no yard involved, because caring for things is, well, you already have pets, that's more than enough ;)
xox,
Cee