And it was every bit as ridiculous as you might expect (especially once I was reunited with my favourite slot machine in the world, Kitty Glitter!). Although we pretty classily decided to upgrade our hotel to a fancy suite, which was amazing.
It was also plus 40 degrees ever day so that was a touch miserable. I compensated by playing KISS mini golf…poorly.
- A measure of my formal education focused on palaeography (you know, so I could actually the primary source documents I was encountering in the archives) – this is a pretty neat piece on a facet of that.
- This is amazing! I actually did a small bit of research on these Westminster Abbey funeral effigies in the course of a project on Queen Anna of Denmark and now I want to hop on a plane so I can visit this new exhibit when it opens.
- This new discovery in Holocaust history is really something.
- You need to read this list of facts about the movie Labyrinth (quite possibly the greatest movie ever made and one of my personal favourites).
- Miss Havisham is one of my favourite literary characters, so I found this article fascinating.
- These sonogram images of a pregnant shark are deeply creepy and pretty cool.