Having said all that, here’s the thing. I never actually had an engagement ring. I got accepted to Yale, immigration for unmarried couples was difficult to say the least, and my helpmeet and I (we were totally committed and in it for the long haul but we’d never really put much stock in “marriage” itself and didn’t think we’d ever do it) just decided one night to get married because it made the most sense and simplified the whole grad school things. As you can imagine, it was the height of romantic displays. Anyways, after celebrating our 10-year wedding anniversary this February, I guess my helpmeet figured I was due a proper ring. Enter this gorgeous, 1926, platinum number. I basically just like staring at it all day.
- I always thought all the Disney female villains were stunning, so I appreciate this.
- As much as I applaud this sign of progress in the world of professional hockey, WAY more is still needed.
- Well, this piece on the rape of aid workers in the Sudan is easily the most horrific thing I’ve read all week.
- This review on the problematic treatment of women in movies like Bad Moms is worth a read.
- This piece on misogynistic laws around the world is just awful and depressing.