- Okay. It’s been a rough week with the US election. A really rough week. I think I may be in mild shock that the country I called home for almost a decade could let this happen. It’s crushing to know that so many people think so little of progressive values and of so many of their fellow countrymen that they could let this let happen. This election was a backlash. Against women, against minorities, against the LGBTQ community. Maybe it’s not so surprising that such a thing would happen, but it’s crushing nonetheless. I continue to celebrate the pantsuit however. And I always will. And this is another good piece that captures a bit of the sadness I now feel.
- Costume history buffs, here’s a great little history of an infamous dress worn by Marilyn Monroe.
- I don’t think I’ve ever really loved an actress as much as I do Tilda Swinton. Bask in her glory!
- This is a great article on the various means by which the image of Medusa has been deployed to indict female involvement in politics.
- Some interesting insights on a novel approach, at the time, to the care and treatment of mental illness in nineteenth-century America.