Tuesday, March 13, 2018

A New Year

I’m not at all ashamed to admit that I am so far behind on getting blog stuff done that I’m only just now getting around to posting photos from around the holidays, as my last couple of posts suggested. Hey, Eleanor is a little bit of time suck so give me a break.

Anyways, here are my New Years photos. We made it out for a wee tiny bit this year to drop by a friend’s place and, of course, I ridiculously overdressed in sequins and an insane statement necklace.  And I have zero regrets. Getting all dressed up and feeling like you’re going somewhere really special made me feel wonderful that day – even if I was only away from home for a grand total of 2 hours. Totally worth it.

dress: ASOS / necklace: Banana Republic / jacket: Simons

10 comments:

Adventureswithcourtt said...

That dress is so pretty! I love all the sparkles.
http://sugarcoatedbears.blogspot.com/

Cee said...

As someone who is currently posting photos that are over a year old - and who is devastated that she has nearly run out of said photos, I say, be as behind as you want. There are so few things in life that we can truly do on our own schedules, but blog posts should be one of them. And as for getting overdressed for NYE, why not? Life is the occasion, after all :)
xox,
Cee

awhite said...

That necklace is PERFECT for NYE! I love all the sparkle in this look.

-Ashley
Le Stylo Rouge

Adriele said...

Better late than never!!! Love this look!

We’d love for you to join our link up today!

-Adriele
StyleAssisted.com

Lydia said...

I wish I still had a backlog of photos - as it is I have nothing ready for the rest of the week. And if you can't wear your sequins and sparkles on nye, then when can you?
http://www.iamchiconthecheap.com/

Closet Fashionista said...

A perfect New Years Eve look! It's not late, its just super early inspiration for next year ;)
http://www.closet-fashionista.com

MONICA SORS said...

I love your dress dear!
xx
Mónica Sors
MES VOYAGES À PARIS
NEW POST: LOOK CASUAL CHIC WITH JEANS


Mica said...

I don't think it's possible to be overdressed for NYE, so bring on all the sequins and statement necklaces! You looked great :)

Don't feel bad about not posting right away - a great outfit like this is still a great outfit no matter when it was posted :)

Hope you are having a good week so far :)

Away From The Blue Blog

JennaStevie said...

I wish I had photos backlogged for that long!! I’m jealous.
This dress is so glamorous and fun, perfect with that necklace for NYE

Lorena said...

I think we should get dressed up when we feel like it ! and I am glad you did. The first and most important person we dress up for is ourselves!
BTW you looked great, you rock the dark eye make up.