Wednesday, May 30, 2018

I Miss Winter!

We basically went straight from winter to full-on summer this year and there wasn't a ton of time for transitional spring dressing. And while we're actually currently under an excessive heat advisory right now, less than 6 weeks ago it was still frigid and icy cold here. Which meant that, until relatively recently, I was still draping myself in comfort clothing items to ward off the cold. As you may or may not know about me, there are few things I dislike as much as hot weather and summer. So I am actually a bit nostalgic for the colder weather of mid-April that birthed this outfit.


shawl: ModCloth / pants: Zara / shirt: Dynamite

5 comments:

Cee said...

The heat may not last. Our temperatures have abruptly dropped again - it was 31 earlier this week, and now we're sitting around an almost chilly 17. Granted, that comes with clouds and a whole lot of rain, too, which isn't much fun. But I was excited to wear a top with sleeves yesterday!
xox,
Cee

awhite said...

I know how you love winter! And KC did a similar thing- we had this super long winter that lasted into April, and then BOOM! Super hot in May.

-Ashley
Le Stylo Rouge

Lydia said...

I feel like it always does that! Even just this past week it was boiling hot on saturday and then almost 40 degrees cooler on sunday. The slow spring to summer transition we dream of always seems to be just out of grasp.
https://www.iamchiconthecheap.com

Anonymous said...

You look great in red!

- www.youthofthesun.com

Lorena said...

Oh wow that was a quick change in the weather ...
I am traveling right now and its about 8 degrees which is far from the 30's at home !