Monday, January 28, 2019

Another Day, Another Cape

Just hanging out in the driveway, looking severe.

The story behind this cape is actually mildly amusing. After watching the most recent season of American Horror Story and being obsessed with the cape that Sarah Paulson’s character wears in it, I jumped on el interneto to see if I could find something similar and was led (after like 7 hours of digging) to a foreign website that had what I was looking for at the price I wanted. So I ordered. And then, because I ordered it in October and it literally arrived at my door on January 15, I had totally forgotten all about it (having had a few glasses of wine when I was ordering it helped with that). So it was a total January surprise.


cape: Haoduoyi / dress: thrifted via Value Village / boots: Target / necklace: ModCloth

7 comments:

Cee said...

Your collection of capes never ceases to impress me. I don't think I will ever be a cape person myself - I've tried and tried, but they just never seem to look or feel right on me - but I love seeing you wear them. (And I love the story of you ordering this one, because it sounds extremely familiar to me. Glad to know I'm not the only one who does the occasional round of tipsy online shopping...!)
xox,
Cee

Closet Fashionista said...

Haha, gotta love surprise packages! Such a fun piece
https://www.closet-fashionista.com/

www.glowyshoes.com said...

I don't see myself as a cape person... It sure looks good on you.

Glowyshoe's blog

Mica said...

That is an awesome cape on you! i love the lace sleeves peeking out! :) How fun it was like a present from you to you as you forgot you ordered it! :)


Hope that you had a nice weekend :) I just posted my weekday wear linkup, I'd love you to join! :)

Away From The Blue Blog

Lydia said...

I think the cape was worth the wait, and must have been a very pleasant surprise! At least it arrived while you've still got plenty of cape weather left.
Chic on the Cheap

Lorena said...

Oh wow it did take long to arrive. But the wait was worth it.. what a great surprise ;)

JennaStevie said...

THIS CAPE!! I am loving it, and you are totally rocking it. Love it with the lace dress. God I love surprise packages.
Jenna