Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Managing

Well, I had wanted to get some photos of this delightful leopard print cardigan I recently added to my closet and the weather had other plans as I was too damn cold to even take my coat off. Next time, next time…

In terms of COVID-19 updates, all I can really say is that I'm managing well so far. At this stage, I am extremely fortunate in that I don't have to worry about job loss or salary cuts or anything like that and I am able to effectively work from home - which is what I and all of my colleagues are doing. While there may be times when I need to go into my office (like this past Monday to run a very important and long online meeting that I want to make sure I have a giant screen and stable wifi for), I work on a University campus where 95% of people are not home and there's so one else in my office so I can accomplish an office visit without being in physical proximity to anyone.

Eleanor is in a small day home with just three other children (and their parents are also working from home now) so I still have access to safe childcare. But, even if that changes and I need to keep Eleanor home with me all day, I'll still be able to shuffle work responsibilities around enough such that I will continue to be able to effectively work remotely. When I do have to leave the house for things that might bring me into contact with others, I'm taking all the necessary precautions of social distancing, hand washing, and not touching my face. And while getting Eleanor to properly wash her hands is an ongoing struggle, thus far we are all healthy, as are our family and friends.

I hope you're all staying safe, getting outside a bit, and preserving your sanity!


leggings: ASOS / cardigan: Anne Klein / coat: The Bay / boots: Aldo / necklace: Stella and Dot

4 comments:

Closet Fashionista said...

Glad to hear you're all doing okay! Same deal over here as far as I know. Haven't heard anything to the contrary from my mom.
From what I can see of that cardigan I love the print! Leopard is the best :)
https://www.closet-fashionista.com/

Cee said...

Managing. That is, I think, the best any of us can do in this situation. Being able to work from home makes it a lot easier, although I feel for anyone who has children and doesn't have access to childcare right now - we've had a lot of crying babies on our conference calls lately and it's tough. Stay safe (and sane!)
xox,
Cee

Mica said...

I like the touch of leopard you can see, looks like a nice cardigan! :)

We don't know about daycare centres yet - there's a lot of discussion about them right now with the government, but schools are now closed except to children who have parents that are essential to be in work right now. While I do have to work, I am working from home and not in my workplace so I'll be working and somehow teaching the kids?! Really not looking forward to juggling it all, but we have to do what we can to stay home and take the pressure of everyone else.

Hope that you are having a nice weekend! It's another quiet one at home here.

Away From Blue

Lorena said...

Good to hear you have managed so well.
Here we can go out 2 hours a day only to the supermarket, pharmacy or hospital.
I live in the middle of the city and its so quiet, i can hear the parrots and birds. It's peaceful.