Monday, July 13, 2020

Back in the Driveway

Well, I’m back in the driveway. Still looking surly, now forced to pretty much wear my ungovernable hair in a ponytail at all times. While many salons here are now open, with strict safety protocols in place, so I could go get my hair dyed and chopped off into the bob I’ve been craving since January, I’m reluctant to do it right now as I’m still working from home and would have to just head back for a touch up when I start going into the office. So I’m determined to ride it out for a bit and just spend a bunch of money and time going to the salon once, as a way to celebrate being able to go back to work again. My cheapness has apparently, triumphed. That said, as it's looking more and more like I will be working from home until January (at least), I will probably cave in the next few weeks...





pants: RW & Co / shirt: Dynamite / jacket: Zara / shoes: Spring


Feature: This piece on the Black Death, COVID-19, and Black populations is absolutely fascinating.

5 comments:

Closet Fashionista said...

Haha, I would be the same way. Why waste money on a haircut when not many people will see it. (I'm probably due for my yearly haircut in September but not sure I'll do it....may wait longer until I feel safer going)
https://www.closet-fashionista.com/

Cee said...

I applaud your ability to stubbornly hold out on getting your hair done - I confess I've already been twice since things started reopening, including once in the very first week that I could... clearly, I know what my priorities are :P
xox,
Cee

Chelsea Finn said...

I was also going to wait until being back in my office but now that we aren't sure when that will be I finally caved and scheduled an appointment for the end of the month!

xx Chelsea Finn
www.organizedmessblog.com

awhite said...

They keep pushing things back here, too- it was better about a month ago, and then all the summer festivities started up and people didn't mask up, so now cases are on the rise. Ugh.

-Ashley
Le Stylo Rouge

Mica said...

I think your hair looks nice in a ponytail! I'm still trying to grow my hair so haven't noticed the absence of a hairdresser too much but I know a few people didn't feel safe going to the hairdressers here, even though they stayed open through everything, and they were really pleased once they felt brave enough to go get their hair cut!

We don't have a date for going back to work either but it sounds like we are in for the long haul working from home - some of our company in other countries is starting to trickle back to the office (on a volunteer basis, not as a company mandate) so maybe we will get to go back this year. Who knows!

Hope that you are having a nice week :)

Away From Blue