Friday, February 24, 2017

All the Frills: Awkward Areas

My house is sort of oddly laid out. When you enter it, whether from the front door or the garage, you find yourself in a long, narrow hallway that’s actually a floor unto itself – at one end there’s a staircase leading to the basement and at the other there’s one leading upstairs to the main living area and also to a further staircase leading to the bedrooms on the top floor. Anyways, the entryway level is not really large enough to have any furniture on it, per se, but I also wanted it to not be just a grubby place for shoe storage. So I tried to make it both functional (with shoe racks, shoe storage, and a place for coats) and inviting (with a few decorative items). What I’d really love to do is find a way to fit a narrow shoe bench or something down here…




Weekend Reading 


5 comments:

Closet Fashionista said...

Oh those darn odd spaces! I like how you've dealt with it though! Nice and functional
http://www.seaofshoes.com/sea_of_shoes/2017/02/faux-fur-friday.html

LyddieGal said...

I can see the hall being a really cute space, and thanks for sharing the origins of valentines and that installation, that is really powerful.

Mónica - Mes Voyages à Paris said...

Nice details! Good inspiration, thanks to share it!
xx
Mónica Sors
MES VOYAGES À PARIS
NEW POST: CASUAL CHIC LOOK | JEANS, MAXI COAT AND VELVET
DON'T MISS: CHLOE LOVE STORY

Cee said...

I think you've done really well with this space - I'm not sure I would have known where to start with trying to make it look nice while letting it remain functional!
xox,
Cee

Lorena said...

The tampon story was quite a read and I think your space looks good.