Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Winter Vacation

Once a month I have to attend a meeting for work that starts at 6 pm and can run as long as over three hours. Considering that I arrive at the office a bit after 8 am, it makes for a very long day (especially so because the meetings fall on Mondays, basically the last day of the week you want to be working for 12+ hours). I wore this on one such Monday because I desperately wanted to be as comfortable as possible and an oversized sweater kicked up a notch with a truly obnoxious and sparkly statement necklace really checked that box for me.

In other news, as I wrote this I was in British Columbia, where I ran off to the mountains for a few days with a group of friends to ski, ride alpine gondolas, eat delicious resort food, and generally just have a relaxing few days of winter vacation. I gotta say, the break did me good!


leggings: ASOS / sweater: Joe Fresh / boots: Aldo / necklace: Banana Republic

6 comments:

Closet Fashionista said...

Oooh that sweater looks so cozy!! And I love that necklace!
(yuck on super long days, that stinks!)
http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

Cee said...

Twelve hour Mondays sound absolutely horrific - and it's precisely because of what you described in this post that I put my foot down a few years ago and said that I don't do anything for work that I don't get paid for (which is so often expected in salaried positions.) I still spend more hours at the office than I should, but management is a bit more - let's say thoughtful, about what they ask me to do and honestly, best decision I've ever made.
xox,
Cee

Courtney Erin said...

I always give my staff eithera morning or afternoon off in lieu of attending the meeting or time and a half in terms of salary for the evening (and I usually don't roll into work until 10 am or 11am the next day) - I try to be a good manager, ha ha!

Unknown said...

I hope you enjoyed your mini vacation! That sweater looks so cozy!

XoXo,

Tamara - LoveofMode.com

LyddieGal said...

twelve hour mondays are no one's idea of a good time. they need to schedule these meetings on thursday mornings and give everyone pastry.

Glad you did have a nice little getaway though! Definitely the time of year when you feel like you've been cooped up for too long and need to get away.
http://www.iamchiconthecheap.com

Lorena said...

The sweater and necklace look outstanding Courtney, beautifully worn.