Thursday, June 3, 2021

Poncho Addict

I may or may not be a bit of a poncho addict – I think it grew out of my fascination with capes (a poncho is, in many ways, a bit easier to wear as my arm movement isn’t restricted, although that’s never stopped me from a cape). At this point, in all seriousness, my closet is filled with an alarming number of caftans, ponchos, and capes. I’m just going to lean into that…
leggings: Hue / poncho: Fraas / necklace: Nordstrom Rack 

Feature: Some amazing Canadian BIPOC-owned brands.

5 comments:

Closet Fashionista said...

Well, as Cogsworth says, if it's not Baroque, don't fix it! Ponchos, etc. suit you so it's no wonder you have a ton! this one looks super soft

awhite said...

I'm with you because they're chic, you can MOVE and EAT and, you know, actually live your life without being totally constricted by your clothes. I'm leaning more and more into breezier, slouchy pieces. Give me all the caftan dresses for summer!

-Ashley
Le Stylo Rouge

Mica said...

I love the studded bag and necklace together with all the black! And ponchos look so good on you! I don't have any ponchos, being petite they always swamp me, but I love a flowy kimono and if you love it, wear it! :)

Hope your week is going well :) It's a wet winter day here!

Away From The Blue

Lovely said...

The poncho, necklace and the bag looks great together. Love the gold accents! You look chic!
xoxo
Lovely
www.mynameislovely.com

Cee said...

I love how effortlessly you manage to pull off capes, ponchos and caftans. If there is any type of garment that I truly feel I can't pull off, its these - I've tried, diligently, for years to make them work but there is something about a cape, on me, that makes me feel like a Tyrannosaurus (maybe because I have short arms to start with) and once I feel awkward, I act even more awkward and the whole thing becomes an unmitigated disaster. Suffice it to say that I will continue to simply admire your cape-wearing abilities from afar ;)
xox,
Cee